It’s crucial to comprehend the procedures required to formally report your relationship, whether you’ve just gotten married or have plans for the future. The specific requirements for obtaining a marriage license vary by state, but they are all the same: both applicants must be in person, have full legal names ( both the bride and groom ) and their ages ( lower and over age 18 are permitted, depending on your state ), proof of residency ( such as an identity card, passport, or state/federal Id), and either birth certificate or divorce decree, if applicable.

After you say your commitments, your priest signs the marriage license during the meeting. To receive your Extended certificate within five days of your wedding, you must present your completed permit to the city clerk’s office for a “records room” appointment that you reserved in advance.

The recognized authorities document of your marriage, your union diploma, serves as proof that you are lawfully wed. It contains details about the couple, such as their legal name, the date and location of the bride, and the service celebrant. Many things, such as submitting it to the Social security administration to have your last label changed or filing cooperative taxes returns, can be done with a licensed copy of your relationship document. It might be necessary for different constitutional records and providers as well as to get a driver’s license.

× How can I help you?